- Family stability
- Substance abuse, with an emphasis on recovery and mental health
- The environment and health, with a focus on underserved communities
- A special initiative focuses on the prevention and treatment of childhood trauma, and supporting parents of very young children from preconception to three years old
Types of Funding:
- Seed money
- General operating support
- Program Support
- Community Organizing
- 501(c)(3) organizations only
The Fund does not support:
- Capital or annual campaigns
- Special events
At this time, the Fund does not make multi-year grant commitments, but organizations are welcome to reapply each year. Organizations are eligible to apply once per year and not in back-to-back grant cycles.
Most grants are between $2,500 and $25,000 a year, although there are exceptions.
Advocacy is currently a small piece of the Fund's portfolio. If your organizational mission is to create systemic change through advocacy and community organizing, The Fund for Change offers additional grant opportunities. To learn more, visit The Fund for Change website at www.thefundforchange.org.